TCC-isms : the rules that aren't in the handbook
- Upon looking for a computer in the Learning Commons, if you are looking for a computer and they are all taken, generally someone working there will declare "At this time, we are in our peak hour, and the computers are for academic use only" … this does by NO means, mean that the half of the students on facebook will get up and allow you to use the computers to do something of substance, it just means, that they change their tab on the internet, to look at the TCC website, because obviously, merely looking at Blackboard means that it's "academic use"
- Unlike High School, when it was nerdy to sit at the front of the classroom, where you risked being called "teacher's pet", it is absolutely, 100% wise to sit as close to the teacher and projector as humanly possible. Not only will you be able to see and hear better, but your teacher will remember you, which could be beneficial, if you know what I mean.
- If you get to class on time, miraculously, your seat doesn't get stolen
- Ok, so we've all heard "there are no stupid questions". Well, I'm here to tell you that that is a lie, because it is absolutely obnoxious to have to listen someone ask the teacher questions that you were somehow able to answer since birth. Oddly, this is usually the same person, asking the same dumb questions over and over…
- If you missed class, please, do not waste everyone else's time who did attend class, by asking the professor to explain something that you missed a certain day, because chances are, the teacher will ask you if you were here for the previous lecture, and then you will respond shamefully with a "no" and he will continue moving forward.
- If hunger just happens to occur, "McCormicks" is the best place to eat. BUT, if you are in a hurry, don't bother. Not that the food isn't very quite delicious, it just seems to take eons and eons to be made. I guess because they make everything fresh, which is a plus, but, definitely a downer when you're hungry. But on the bright side, the food is absolutely delish…