Monday, March 15, 2010

Spektator


So it's not like it's been a huge obligation for me to "figure out who I am" or "find my style" but recently I think that I have more closely narrowed down my genre of music that I particularly like. Well, I don't know about genre, but the artist Regina Spektor is currently my favorite. I don't know what it is about her that I like the most, because her lyrics don't even make sense most of the time, I think that it's the mere fact that she's different; she's not just another cliche artist who writes about love and heartache. If you listen to her music, you'll probably raise one eyebrow and walk away saying, "wow, that was... weird", but if you don't judge it immediately, you might actually like it, AND she has a great sense of style (in my opinion), which makes me like her even more. The other day I was at Target and actually saw her most recent CD. I wasn't sure if I should buy it, so i flipped for it, tails being buy it, heads being don't. First flip was tails, so I decided to go best 2 out of 3. Second flip was heads... then third was tails, so I sucked it up and payed for music (which I rarely do), hoping that it wouldn't be too weird, but just the right amount of weird. I put it into my new stereo, courtesy of Troy Wibberley ;), and the purchase was a success! So if anyone knows of any other artists that may fit in this category, please, feel free to enlighten me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wigqKfLWjvM

No comments:

Post a Comment